The Maggie & Rose Village nursery is a new and unique concept in Early Years Development. Our ethos is not to push children into being educated but provide them with a warm, stimulating environment, an innovative timetable, and lovely teachers. Our nurseries are an extension of the family home, where children feel settled, loved, and nurtured.
The Room Leader role plays an important role in raising standards of practice and proactively supporting the Nursery Manager and Deputy. This role is based full-time in the nursery (and is counted in numbers) and you’ll spend most your time on the nursery floor mentoring practitioners to ensure that all children attending the nursery receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
What the role involves:
- You’ll monitor and role-model practice within our Baby Room (12-24 months), maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment, supervising staff and utilising their knowledge and skills to creatively support others.
- You’ll develop, motivate, and supervise staff, ensuring a high standard of childcare practice throughout the nursery and excellent customer service to parents.
- Ensuring that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Caring for and supervising children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Supervising the planning and preparation of activities to develop all aspects of the child’s individual development within a stimulating atmosphere.
- Developing an open and positive working relationship with staff
- Maintaining staff-children ratios, conducting regular staff assessments during the day, and ensuring efficient development to staff to enable them to effectively carry out their duties.
We’re looking for:
- An experienced practitioner with experience managing & developing a team.
- A practitioner who is used to working with under 2’s.
- An organised, supportive personality.
- A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
- A can-do attitude and positive outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The right to work in the UK.
What we offer:
- A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
- A much more exciting work environment than a regular chain nursery.
- Membership of our club for you and your family as a perk.
- Staff discount on food & drink.
- Career progression for those who show the right potential as our business grows.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
*We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. A DBS check will be required for this role.