Maggie & Rose is a private members club for families, with clubs in West London, Hong Kong, and further expansion in progress. We provide a home away from home for families, run amazingly creative classes for little ones and put on the best kid’s parties ever.
We’re currently looking for a fantastic Assistant Accountant to join our team and with our two successful sites in London, and more to come, there’s never been a better time to get involved.
You’ll be welcomed into our bright, beautiful, and bubbly team with open arms, and will be responsible for many projects within the finance team.
What the role involves:
- Creation of monthly reporting packages and preparation of accurate financial reports
- Assist with the month end management accounts and journal; prepayments, accruals and fixed assets
- Cashflow forecasts
- Main point of contact for staff, members, and external suppliers with regards to accounts
- Completing VAT reports
- Bank reconciliations
- Managing creditor ledger report & debtor ledger report
- Assisting Heads of Departments with sales and stock management reporting
- Managing and presenting payment run on a weekly basis
- Assisting with the preparations of weekly trade pack
- Providing support and explanation to club managers on financial reports
- Credit card management & reconciliation
- Intercompany/group transfers
- Processing sales invoices, receipts, and payments
- Preparation of annual budgets, forecasts incorporating P&L, balance sheet for our sites
- Producing weekly KPI reporting schedules
- Analysing profitability and departmental “deep dives”
- Assisting with Year End accounts
- Day to day running of accounts payable and receivable
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with an accurate, logical, and concise approach to their work.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change.
- Previous auditing experience is desirable
- Proficient user of Excel and Xero
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent organisation, writing & communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn with a “can-do” attitude
What we offer:
- A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
- Membership of our clubs for you and your family as a perk
- Daily fresh fruit, snacks, and as much coffee as you can handle
- Staff discount on food & drink in our restaurants
- Training & development opportunities
This position requires you to communicate with clients via telephone so excellent English language and communication skills are essential. This is not an entry-level role, the ideal candidate will be part-qualified in ACCA, CiMA or AAT.
You’ll be based at our Head Office in London W4, but with all the expansion opportunities bubbling away, who knows where the position might take you!
We are an equal opportunity and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.